Monday, February 21, 2011

Blog Assignment #4


Camcorders and webcams are not the first communication technologies that pop to your head when you think about communication technologies. These devices have been created from a long time ago and still telephones, cell phones and other communication technologies play a bigger role in consumer behavior.

In my own life, home video technologies are not a big deal at all. I do not go around taping people. The most use I give to a webcam is when I use Skype (which is not really often) and camcorders sometimes when I travel but I have travelled and I have not even touched the camcorders. For YouTube up loaders though, home video technology must be really important.

Well-made videos from a camcorder or webcam are not common. Unless you are a Film major, people are not likely to know how to properly make videos. You can manage to do the basics without having studied it, but the quality and outcome of the video might not be great.

I am a Communication major and I definitely want to know how to shoot and edit a video. The more I can learn about my career, the better prepared I am when it's time to look for a job. In the other hand, I don't think most Comm. majors know how to do it properly. They focus more in advertising, public relations or journalism than in shooting and editing a video.

No comments:

Post a Comment